About…Life with Ree
Hi, my name is Ree…thanks for stopping by! This is a place to chat about some of the good things in life, focusing on intentional and purposeful living, green life and homesteading tips. I like to share with you what inspires and challenges me to make changes for myself, “recreate” myself, as I am always striving to improve and expand in various areas of my life. I truly hope that what inspires me also inspires and encourages you to make positive changes in your life, too. I look forward to going through this journey with you
* I am the oldest of 8, mother of 2 and wife of 1…an entrepreneur, go-giver, foodie-chef, musician, author, lover of animals, life changer and have survived raising my sons to be modern-day knights.
* I am a Christian; continually humbled by the grace God extends to me daily.
* I am a foodie-chef who despite an incredible surge of healthy living, cannot seem to kick my addiction to bacon…or chocolate…or chocolate covered bacon…
* I have had fibromyalgia for about 19 years (brought on by the loss of my son, Ben) and Stage 2 lymphedema (as a result of a rare tumor inside of my heart and 2 in my abdomen) for about 4 years. Although these serious chronic conditions have been life-changing in so many ways for me and my family, I do not allow it to define me. I am thankful for both of them because I learn daily, more about myself, life and the purposes God has planned for me.
* I applied to a “Top 10″ University because my then boyfriend told me I was “too stupid” to get in because I attended public high school. Funny thing was…he (Mr. College-Prep School) applied and guess which one of us got in, promptly dropped the boyfriend and worked 3 jobs to put herself through that school because she was just that stubborn?
* I am a homeschooling mom and will totally miss having Richard home with me when he graduates this year.
* I love a simple, natural homesteading lifestyle.
* I have always had a tender heart to help both people and animals in need <3
* I was that geeky kid checking out the maximum number of books every week when the Bookmobile would come to our neighborhood – and have them all read in 2 days.
* All in all, I am a flexible and resilient woman with a quirky sense of humor and a particular fondness of really cool purses.
My motto is: ”Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body…but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, chocolate in one hand and screaming
“WHOO HOO!! What a ride!!”